ProVetLogic Kills Parvo 1-800-869-4789
Parent Category: iPRO
How to Kill Canine Parvo Virus (CPV)
Summer brings with it heat and parvo outbreaks. Controlling the spread of the problem requires effective products and an effective protocol. Bleach won't work, despite whatever you read on the internet. The reason it won't work is that you can't use it in a manner that is concentrated enough to get the job done without it becoming a danger to pets and workers.
ProVetLogic's Animal Facility Concentrated Disinfectant Kills Parvo
For a free protocol poster that you can display for the workers in your facility contact us. Or you can download it here and print it yourself. To get a full understanding of how to stop parvo, you should enroll in our certified for continuing Education course, "HotZones."
A synopsis of the steps in the protocol is:
- Remove all animals, bedding, food, water and toys.
- Rinse the surface debris away, but do NOT pressure wash, as this may actually spread the infection.
- Spray (Mist) or foam the surfaces and allow the product to dwell for the specified kill time, usually at least 10 minutes.
- Agitate remaining debris as it becomes loose.
- Rinse with clean water thoroughly and allow the area to dry thoroughly before replacing animals.
- Return animals after all visible product is removed.
WARNING: Do not try this procedure using bleach. Bleach can be absorbed through the paws and will be lethal to cats.
Homeowners should use the PRE-DILUTED ProVetLogic product "Spray and Wipe." This is the same effective formula as the concentrated Animal Facility, but in a ready to use spray bottle. It is also handy for examination room cleanings.
Animal Care Spray & Wipe Disinfectant 32 ounce (Single)
Animal Care Spray & Wipe Disinfectant 32 ounce (Single) - 32 ounce spray bottle.
Vetererarians and animal care facilities should purchase One-Gallon containers of Animal Facility
Animal Facility Disinfectant 1 Gallon Bottle – 4 Pack
4 x 1 gallon containers.
Animal Facility Concentrated Disinfectant Cleaner & Deodorizer.
For a complete cleaning system with dilution control, see the special below.
Here is a summary of the all of the demonstrated kill claims for ProVetLogic's Animal Facility
For use on hard nonporous surfaces
in animal care facilities such as:
• Tables & Chairs
• Feeding Appliances or Equipment
• Watering Equipment
• Cages & Kennels
|• Operating Tables
• Metal Surfaces
• Stainless Steel
• Glazed Porcelain
• Sealed Woodwork
• Ceramic Tile
Certified to KILL Canine Parovirus
Concentrated Disinfectant Cleaner & Deodorizer
General Disinfection: Add 1 ounce of this product to one gallon of water. Treated surfaces must remain wet for 10 minutes. At this level, this product is bactericidal according to the AOAC Use Dilution Test method on hard nonporous surfaces modified in the presence of 5% organic serum.
Canine Parvo Virus Disinfection: Add 4 ounces of this product to one gallon of water. Treated surfaces must remain wet for 10 minutes. At this level, this product is bactericidal according to the AOAC Use Dilution Test method on hard nonporous surfaces modified in the presence of 5% organic serum.
Virucidal Performance: This product is effective against the targeted viruses at 1 to 1.25 ounces per gallon of water or equivalent dilution.
• Bordetella Bronchiseptica (Kennel Cough)*
• Canine Parvovirus (CPV) (4 oz. per gallon)
• Canine Adenovirus
• Canine Coronavirus
• Canine Distemper
• Canine Parainfluenza Virus
• Canine Hepatitis
• Infectious Bronchitis Virus
• Rabies Virus
• Avian Influenza A H9N2 / Turkey / Wisiconsin Virus Infectious
• Avian Laryngotracheitis
• Avian Influenza A H5N1 Virus
• Avian Reovirus
• Equine Arteritis Virus
• Influenza A2/Japan virus
• Minute Virus of Mice (4 oz. per gallon)
• Newcastle disease virus
• Porcine Parvovirus (4 oz. per gallon)
• Porcine Rotavirus
• Pseudorabies virus
• Porcine Respiratory (PRRSV)
• Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis
• Transmissible Gastroenteritis (TGE)
• Feline Calicivirus
• Feline Calicivirus (surrogate for Norwalk/Norovirus)
• Feline Infectious Peritonitis
• Feline leukemia virus
• Feline Panleukopenia
• Feline Picornavirus
• Feline Rhinotrachetis
• Aspergillus niger
• Trichophyton mentagrophytes
• Staphylococcus MRSA
• Escherichia coli
• Herpes Simplex Type 1 & 2
• HIV-1 (AIDS Virus)
• Human Corona Virus
• Influenza A/Hong Kong
• Hepatitis B & C
• Vaccinia Virus
• Murine Parainfluenza Virus Type 1
*Proven effective against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) EPA Pending approval
Need to why this is so much better than bleach? Read our report.
Looking for a way to keep the economics of dilution and reduce the labor costs at the same time?
Try the ProLoc Wall-Mounted Dilution Control System